Quick Summary on Database Types
The debate over Firebase vs MongoDB has been raging for quite some time among developers. Both Firebase and MongoDB are attempting to provide contemporary database solutions for application developers that are strong and scalable. Customers in every business seek extremely useable, significantly reduced interfaces and self-service experiences that developers are no different from the rest.
What Is NoSQL?
NoSQL databases are used to store and retrieve data because they do not require relational databases. These are highly beneficial for big data and real-time web applications. The data is structured hierarchically in this section. It’s possible to keep inserting branches and sub-branches after entering the new information.
Top NoSQL Database Alternatives
- Oracle NoSQL
- Elastic search
Why Did the Companies Move from SQL to NoSQL?
There were numerous disadvantages that firms had to deal with as a result of implementing a SQL database. The NoSQL database appears to have overcome these issues.
- Changes in business requirements were nearly difficult because of the rigid structure of SQL.
- Implementing a schema update would be incredibly complicated and time consuming.
- SQL was unable to compete with newer databases in terms of performance and latency.
- Scalability was severely constrained, and it became too expensive to expand.
- Unstructured and unrelated data can both be processed well by this method.
- NoSQL databases sacrifice some classic database characteristics to achieve greater speed and scalability.
- If you currently have a software, you may quickly expand it by utilising these databases.
What is Firebase?
Suite of Features Offered by Firebase
- Cloud Storage
- Real-time Database
- Cloud Functions
- ML Kit
- Firebase Storage
- Google Analytics
- In-App Messaging
- Remote Config
- Dynamic Links
- Performance Monitoring
- Cloud Firestore
- Cloud Messaging
- Crash Reporting
- Test Lab
- App Indexing
- A/B Testing
- Firebase Authentication
Also Read: Ecommerce: Top trends to watch out for in 2023
What is MongoDB?
Suite of Features Offered by MongoDB
- powerful search and indexing tool.
- Aggregation and Map-reduce tools are prominent in MongoDB.
- Informational duplication and re-creation.
- It is a schema-free C++ database.
- Support for data analytics
- Schemas that adapt as data changes
- Data reporting in real-time
- Adaptable and based on documents
- Excellent support for storing data on the cloud
- The database architecture is simple to understand.
Common Comparisons of Firebase vs MongoDB
Entrepreneurs have a tendency to make the same mistakes over and over again. It’s common for developers to skip over the back-end design specifications when selecting technologies for a whole mobile app solution. The more you know about cloud storage and databases, the better off you’ll be. The first thing you should understand about any database is how it is used technically. To choose the best one from the firebase database vs MongoDB.
for your product, you first need to understand the context in which it is being used.
Here, we’ll compare the two databases, firebase DB vs MongoDB, so that you can decide which one is better for your specific needs. To begin with, it’s vital to comprehend the fundamental concepts of databases and the things that make them up.
Pros of MongoDB Vs Firebase
Pros of MongoDB
- This is a powerful tool for distributing and scalability.
- Dynamic, and there’s no set structure.
- You get a free version when you install this bone on your server. The premium edition comes with a serverless setup.
- This can be altered. The application is less affected by the addition or removal of a field.
- Literature and lessons abound in the documentation.
- Even more importantly, this is extremely versatile, as it requires no single data structure for all objects.
- JSON or BSON are two options for encoding data.
- This is a safer option.
- There can be no SQL injections.
- Geospatial data can be stored in MongoDB.
- Simple connection with Hadoop BigData
Pros of Firebase
- Without the need to refresh, the info is updated immediately.
- The database can be easily synchronized between various machines.
- If you unexpectedly see a surge in traffic, you won’t have to worry about your server falling.
- There is a cloud-based event queue for this system to utilize.
- Synchronized application state is provided
- A lightning-fast CDN
- Firebase provides simple hosting.
- Push alerts from Firebase in real-time
- For use in real-time messaging or chat apps.
- Flexible pricing options are available for Firebase hosting plans.
Also Read: How To Start A Crowdfunding Website In 2023?
Cons of MongoDB Vs Firebase
Cons of MongoDB
- In terms of indexing and searching, it’s not that powerful.
- Complex inquiries are quite tough to deal with.
- There is no concept of a stored process or function in this context.
- The hosting arrangements with intermediaries are perplexing.
- Data becomes corrupted or lost over time, resulting in shaky security protocols.
- The ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and Durability) criteria are not fully adhered to.
Cons of Firebase
- The Firebase does not contain any relational queries.
- To access the premium features, you must purchase a Google server.
- Because Firebase does not have its servers, exporting user data is not an option.
- Data transfer is a delicate effort of balance.
- There is a limit to the amount of questions that can be answered.
- SQL skills can’t be transferred because they aren’t compatible enough.
- It’s best suited for small-scale projects.
Firebase vs MongoDB: The Key Differences
Firebase Vs MongoDB: Performance
In the Firebase vs MongoDB performance comparison, both Firebase and MongoDB are built to scale, and it’s difficult not to conclude that MongoDB wins out in terms of pure performance because of MongoDB’s customizability and the spectrum of Atlas efficiency tiers. According to third-party reviewers, MongoDB outperforms Firebase; however, it depends on your individual issue space and usage habit. It makes perfect sense that MongoDB is faster than relational database systems because it was built to accommodate fast-moving data pipelines and online transaction processing.
In addition, Firebase and MongoDB differ in terms of their stability and performance. MongoDB is a more dependable database platform than Firebase. Cloud data storage makes the server unreliable and hinders its ability to change. As a result, MongoDB has a huge performance advantage over Firebase. Additionally, the servers are more dependable than Firebase’s.
Firebase vs MongoDB: Use of Service
One difference between Firebase and MongoDB is how the service is used. Anybody, anywhere, and anonymously may utilise the Firebase. The data saved in Firebase can be accessed by any device, while only authorized users access the database’s store data in MongoDB. Additionally, appropriate identification is necessary since the MongoDB database is more secure than Firebase.
Firebase vs MongoDB: Market Popularity
The Google Firebase vs MongoDB comparison demonstrates the market prominence of both Firebase and MongoDB. There are an average of 70 inquiries for MongoDB and 42 searches for Firebase, as shown in the graph of queries. According to Stack Overflow Trends, Firebase has seen a significant surge, whereas MongoDB has seen a more sluggish rise. However, at the moment, they are both on the same level.
Firebase vs MongoDB: Pricing
In comparison with MongoDB vs Firebase pricing, you may pay as you go with various pricing options in Firebase. However, in Firebase vs MongoDB pricing, for the latter, the premium edition, you’ll have a fully-managed service that doesn’t require a dedicated server (using MongoDB servers).
Firebase Vs MongoDB: Where to Use Each Database
- Firebase is used for real-time data, while MongoDB is chosen for high-speed logging in an application.
- Firebase is a great pick for often ramping up an application, while MongoDB is preferred for storing and quicker scaling.
- You can use Firebase to stream games, chat with friends, or use it to run social networking programmes. In contrast, MongoDB takes care of everything.
- When it comes to real-time synchronization, Firebase is used while MongoDB stores geospatial information.
- Firebase’s straightforward API makes it easier to integrate, whereas MongoDB is best suited for managing enormous amounts of data.
Firebase Vs. MongoDB: Where Not to Use Each Database
- Google Firebase and MongoDB should be used if you want to own your user data, especially if you have pre-designed data models.
- Because Firebase currently supports a small number of programming languages, it is not possible to build your back-end API. However, it’s also possible to develop a sophisticated design system with better alternatives than MongoDB.
- It’s best to avoid using MongoDB if you’re anticipating it to meet 100% ACID compliance if your monthly plan for Firebase exceeds.
Top Companies Using Firebase
Below-mentioned are a list of the companies that use the Firebase database
- The New York Times
- The Economist
- NPR One
Top Companies Using MongoDB
Below-mentioned are a list of the companies that use the MongoDB database
- Delivery Hero
Firebase or Mongodb: Which One Is Better in 2023?
Various issues necessitate a variety of approaches. The database to be used will be determined by the problem at hand and the database’s benefits and drawbacks. It is possible that hiring dedicated developers will aid in creating the greatest possible app or website since a team of skilled developers will have the expertise to contribute to the Mobile App Solutions. Furthermore, you’ll need to hire dedicated programmers to set up the database’s structure and create a successful application.
If you are wondering which is better, Firebase or MongoDB, both Firebase and MongoDB are special on their own and have their set of advantages and disadvantages. In addition, they have access to their skills and the ability to work together. Firebase is optimized for real-time updates and data management, but MongoDB is the ideal option for large organizations needing instant access to enormous amounts of data. It shall depend upon the requirements of the companies, and you have to make the final call. Prior to making a final decision, you must balance all of the pros and disadvantages. It doesn’t matter what database you use, but make sure highly qualified experts set up your back-end database structure for web and mobile app development purposes. You can hire a mobile app development company India or Hire Dedicated Developers India to help you provide better inputs in choosing the best option by listing your required features and comparing Firebase vs MongoDB.