How Are Mobile Applications Transforming the E-Scooter Industry?
What is an E-scooter? An E-scooter is also known as an electric scooter that is powered by a rechargeable battery. It is designed to be quite lightweight and compact which…
Table Of Contents
- What is an E-Scooter?
- Why is the E-Scooter Industry Noting Significant Demand?
- E-Scooter Industry Merket : Overview
- Why Do Investors Love eScooters?
- Business Opportunities with E-Scooter Mobile App
- Top Players in the eScooter Sector
- Key Features of the eScooter App
- Tech Stack
- Development Cost of E-Scooter App
- Wrapping Up
What is an E-scooter?
An E-scooter is also known as an electric scooter that is powered by a rechargeable battery. It is designed to be quite lightweight and compact which makes it easy to carry and store. Unlike traditional scooters, E Scooters are well equipped with a light weighted electric meteor that allows them to run for smoother and faster rides. Such scooters are considered to be quite eco-friendly when compared to gasoline-powered vehicles. You can easily buy or rent it out for your personal use cases.
Why is the E-Scooter Industry Noting Significant Demand?
In the fast-paced world, the E-Scooter Industry is experiencing a huge demand due to various reasons. And it is expected that it will soon start a new trend. Here are some statistics that highlight the potential and growth of the Electric Scooter Industry.
- In recent years, the growing concern for the environment is making people look for more sustainable and eco-friendly transportation options. E-Scooters being powered electric is the new alternative to gasoline-powered vehicles.
- Advancements in technology have led e-scooters to be a more reliable, accessible, and safer option for various consumers. The improved battery life and smart technology have made E-scooters much more attractive.
- With urbanization, there is a need for convenient transport and E-Scooters are the preferred choice by most people living in cities.
- Easily rental services allow you to rent them whenever needed especially in congested areas in urban areas.
In-depth Market Insights into E-scooter Industry
The E-scooter market is rapidly growing with a lot of innovation and potential for growth. Here are some in-depth insights into the E-Scooter Industry.
- The global E-scooter market is valued at 5.81 USD billion in 2020 and it is expected that it would reach 13.98 USD by 2026 with a CAGR of 16.2 percent.
- The key players for E-Scooter are lime, Jump, Spin, and Bird. These companies offer a wide range of E-Scooter Sharing and rental services and they are well-known players in the market.
- The E-scooter market can be categorized into product type, region, and application. Based on product type the market can be segmented into sit-down E-Scooters and stand-up-Scooters whereas based on the application it can be categorized into personal use and rental services.
- Last but not least region-wise, it can be segmented into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, and the rest of the world.
- A lot of technological advancements have led to the growth of the E-Scooter Industry. With smart technologies and improved battery life, E-Scooters are quite accessible and reliable.
Why Do Investors Love eScooters?
A lot of Investors are showing great interest in E-Scooters for different reasons.
- As per the statistics, the E-Scooter market is growing rapidly and there is a huge potential for growth and innovation. The global E-Scooter market is expected to reach USD 13.98 Billion by 2026.
- The demand for E-Scooters is constantly increasing and becoming large. With growing concerns related to the environment, there is a need for sustainable transportation options. The demand for E-scooters would increase by multi folds in the coming years.
- There is a potential to generate huge profits since E-Scooters have low production costs and high demand. With a growing market, the potential for profitability is huge.
Business Opportunities with E-Scooter Mobile App Development
With so much interest from Investors and growing demand, there are a lot of new business opportunities have emerged which involve e-Scooter mobile app development. Here are some exciting business opportunities.
- E-scooter sharing and rental services are quite popular these days. Companies like Lyft, Jump, Spen, and Bird have established themselves as the leading players who offer a wide range of E-scooter rental and sharing services through their mobile applications.
- E-scooter mobile apps can also offer location-based services. This can allow users to find and rent e-scooters in the local area. This opens a different segment for you to start a business by integrating location-based services into E-scooter mobile apps.
- A lot of advanced features like real-time tracking, payment integrations, and route planning are now being integrated with the E-scooters mobile application. A lot of E-scooter production companies look for integrations.
- Payment Integrations: A lot of E-Scooter mobile applications allow users to rent and pay through their mobile applications for rent. This opens up quite a lot of new opportunities for businesses to develop and integrate payment solutions such as digital wallets, payment gateways, and mobile payments.
- Data Analytics: E-Scooter mobile applications generate huge amounts of data, that includes usage patterns, user location, and payment information. The data collected can be analyzed for making more data-driven decisions to improve overall user experience.
Source: E-scooter Rental App Concept
Top Players in the eScooter Sector
The E-Scooter Sector is dominated by some key players that include.
Lyft: Lyft is one of the leading transportation companies in San Francisco, California. Along with traditional ride-hailing services, it also offers bike and E-Scooter sharing services in selected cities.
Jump: Jump is a bike and E-Scooter sharing company in San Francisco, California. It has raised nearly USD 120 Million in funding and operates worldwide.
Spin: Spin is another E-scooter Company that has raised over 125 Million in funding to operate in 50 cities worldwide.
Bird: Another leading E-Scooter brand that is based in Santa Monica California. It has raised nearly USD 820 million and operates in 100 countries all over the world.
eScooter App Features
E-Scooter Application offers the E-Scooter usage and rental user experience quite smooth and convenient. Here are some of the common key features of the applications.
- Social Sharing: most E-scooter Application Includes social sharing features that allow users to share their rental experience over social media.
- User Account Management: E-scooter allows users to create and manage their accounts on the application. This includes payment information, preferences, and rental history.
- Reporting and Feedback: E-Scooter Application allows users to send any problems or issues such as vandalism, flat tires, broken brakes, and much more. This allows users to offer ratings and feedback on their usage and rental experience.
- Safe Features: E-Scooter Applications include a lot of safety features like speed limits, helmet reminders, and safety tips to help users to stay safe while riding.
- Real-time Tracking: E-Scooter Mobile application offers real-time tracking of the E-Scooter and the user’s location. It allows users to see where they are in real-time and track their journey.
- Rent and Pay: E–Scooter Applications allow sixers to pay and rent E-Scooters from the application only. They can simply scan a QR code on E-Scooter and pay for rental through the application.
- Map and Navigation: E-Scooter uses GPS to provide real-time location and availability of the scoters. Also, users can navigate or look for a route while driving an E-scooter.
eScooter App Tech Stack
The tech stack for E-Scooter Application includes backend and frontend technologies. Some of the commonly used technologies are:
Frontend Technologies: Mobile app frameworks like Flutter, Ionic, and React Native is used to build user interfaces for different platforms. It uses a lot of map and geolocation technologies like OpenStreetMap, Mapbox API, and Google Maps API to provide real-time tracking. Furthermore, there is a QR code technology that allows users to rent and unlock their scooters from the mobile application.
Backend Technologies: E-Scooter Mobile application uses database Management systems to manage the user data. Cloud platforms like AWS and Google cloud are used to deploy applications and for backend computation. If you dont have a dedicated team with this expertise you can Hire Mobile App Developers for scooter-sharing app development.
What is the Cost of an E-scooter App Development?
The cost for an e-Scooter app development is highly dependent on different factors like complexity, number of integrations and features needed, location of the development team, and technologies used. On Average, the cost for the development of an E-Scooter application can range from USD 50k to 250k. It is important to note that the E-Scooter Application project cost does not include only development costs but also other associated expenses like project management and quality assurance. To get an accurate estimate you can consult with the E-Scooter Mobile App Development Company in India.
In conclusion, the E-Scooter industry has seen huge growth and demand in the past few years due to an increase in the need for alternative modes of transportation. This growth has opened up new business opportunities in Electric Scooter app Development where a lot of investors are seeking to invest in this Industry. To develop the E-Scooter Application, it needed to use both frontend and backend technology. Also with the right development team and approach, an E-Scooter Application can bring success and benefits to your business.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
FAQs on e-Scooter Sharing App Development
An E-scooter is an electric scooter that is used as a mode of transportation. It has a small motor and battery to make it work.
The cost for E-Scooter Application Development ranges from USD 50000 to USD 2500000. The actual cost depends on different factors like the complexity and features of the application. Furthermore, you can consult with a mobile app development company.
The tech stack needed for E-Scooter Application Development includes frontend technologies like mobile application frameworks, maps, and geolocation technologies. Whereas backend technology includes cloud infrastructure, serverless architecture, and payment gateway integration.
Have an idea for an app for sharing e-Scooters?
Our custom scooter rental app development services can help you get started in the e-vehicle business!
Get our latest blog posts, research reports, and thought leadership straight to your inbox.